Here is my version of the Coffee and Walnut cake - I've never found a recipe with quite the right coffee flavour so here you go (I absolutely love the stuff) they may not be to everyones taste but I love them!
| Excuse the wobbly icing... |
This recipe will make 12 generous (Alice) sized cupcakes or 15 average sized cupcakes
- Blend 4 teaspoons of ground espresso coffee powder with 4 teaspoons of boiling water
- Cream 125g of butter with 125g of golden caster sugar
- Add 2 eggs and beat then sift 150g of self raising flour and 1/2 a teaspoon of baking powder
- Whisk for a minute or two and then stir in 60g of chopped walnuts
- Spoon into cupcake cases and bake in an oven at 180 celsius for about 20 minute
For the icing...
- Blend another 2 teaspoons of espresso coffee powder will 2 teaspoons of water
- Mix into a basic buttercream (100g of unslated butter beaten with 150g of icing sugar)
- Ice however you fancy and if you like you can top with walnut halves
VUALA... you have some seriously strong coffee and walnut cupcakes... I eat them for breakfast... WHAT??? it's the same as a cup of coffee... isn't it???
ENJOY!!!
Alice
xox
No comments:
Post a Comment